The Minnesota Public Golf Association sponsors tournaments throughout the year each of which appeals to golfers of different ages and abilities.
The Tournaments are open to amateur players who are members of a club that is a member of the
Minnesota Public Golf Association (MPGA) and carry an active GHIN handicap for the current year at that club.
Registration for MPGA Tournaments is available by using the On-line Registration
process or via a paper application and check. Paper Application are available by going to the link for each of the
Registration is available starting March 6th, registration is available up to 2 weeks before the tournaments is held if you mail in an application and check or about 1 1/2 weeks before the tournament
if you register via the On-Line Registration process.
These Tournaments are as follows:
- Four-Ball championship which will be held on May 20/21.
- The 2017 championship will be held at Rum River Hills Golf Course in Ramsey.
- This championship consists of:
- The Championship Division is elective and players will play with no handicap (Gross Competition).
- The Senior Division is elective and players will play with no handicap (Gross Competition). To play in this division, all players on the team must be 50 years of age or older of as of May 20, 2017.
- Net Flights which compete at net competition and play with 90% of their course handicap
- This championship is played under four-ball rules of the USGA.
- Mid Public Links and Net Public Links championships will be held on June 17/18.
- The 2017 championships will be held at Highland Natational Golf Course - located in St. Paul.
- In order to play in the Mid-Public Links (only), a player must be at least 25 years of age as of June 17, 2017. The Mid Public Links Championship is a gross stroke play competition
- The Net Publinks championship is a net competition which is flighted by handicap range. The Net-Publinks championship uses the stableford format as defined in USGA Rules of golf - Rule 32
Stableford Competitions .
- Senior Public Links championship which will be held on July 15/16.
- The 2017 championship will be held at Monticello Country Club in Monticello.
- Players must be at least 50 years of age as of July 15, 2017.
- The Tournament is divided into divisions.
- The Championship Division is elective and played at stroke play, no handicap (gross).
- A 65 and over Championship Division (low gross stroke play – no handicap) is elective and is available for players who are 65 years of age and older as of the date of the
tournament, if you elect this division you are not eligible to compete in the Championship Division, this is a separate competition from the Championship Division.
- The Net Division will be broken into flights based upon the player’s handicap index and competition will be at net stroke play.
- Public Links championship which will be held on August 19/20.
- The 2017 championship will be held at Dakota Pines Golf Course in Hastings.
- Players must have a GHIN handicap index of 5.5 or less at the time of entry to be eligible to enter this tournament.
- This championship is a Gross stroke play competition.
- Combination championship which will be held on September 16/17.
- The 2017 championship will be held at Bunker Hills in Coon Rapids.
- This competition is a 27 hole competition which consists of 9 holes of best ball which uses four-ball rules, 9 holes of scramble and 9 holes of modified
For Junior golfers, the MPGA sponsors the Junior Publinks which is open to golfers from the age of 13 to 18.
- The Junior Publinks championship will be held on July 19th at Goodrich Golf Course in Maplewood.
- This championship is open to male junior amateur players, ages 13 to 18, who are affiliated with or play substantially all of their golf at a public golf course.
- This competition is a gross competition with flights determined by age.